MusicTube is an unofficial YouTube Music Desktop application, with some additions that I feel necessary, notably media keys and system notifications.
npm install && npm run osx
npm install && npm run win
The application can be ran in development mode using the command npm below, tests can also be completed and ran through npm.
npm run start
npm run test
- Merge Pull Request #7
- Re-instated node-notifier for OSX.
- Removed application menu in favour of tray context menu.
- Added electron debugger tool.
- New notification code that improves the notification frequency and accuracy.
- Added Tray icon which currently toggles application visibility.
- Pull Request #4 Windows build script works now.
- Introducing skip logic for the YouTube
You Still Therepopup notice which pauses playback
- Pull Request #2 introducing electron-window-state.
- Redesigned loading screen.
- Dependency updates.
- FIX: Update to close behaviour to stop error notice.
- Renamed to MusicTube with a new Icon Designed by rocketpixel / Freepik.
- Method to auto skip over ads.
- Code refactor.
- Shelving update tool.
- Testing new update tool.
- Added a loading screen for loss of or slow internet connection.
- Added an about panel.
- First public release, application working on OSX (10.13.6).
- Alpha/internal testing.
Simon Fraser – @symatree
Distributed under the MIT license. See
LICENSE for more information.
- Fork it (https://github.com/simon-fraser/MusicTube-Player/fork)
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b feature/fooBar)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some fooBar')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin feature/fooBar)
- Create a new Pull Request
CONTRIBUTING for a complete guide on contributing to this project