Downline is a free and open source video and audio downloader for YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, SoundCloud and many other sites and works on Windows, MacOS and Linux.
Download the latest version here.
- Works for links from several sites
- Choose audio and video quality (with support for 4K videos)
- Pause and resume downloads
- Download entire playlist and channel
- Download and embed subtitles
- Download multiple files simultaneously
- Choose video and audio format
- Choose format for filenames
- Notifications and system tray integration
- Load links from text file
- Display errors
After downloading the source code, add the platform specific versions of youtube-dl and ffmpeg for the current platform as shown:
resources ├ ffmpeg │ └ ffmpeg.exe └ youtube-dl └ youtube-dl.exe
Install dependencies (
electron-builder) and run the app (on port 5500):
npm install npm run dev
Before proceeding with the build steps, create a folder named
releases in the root directory.
The build process performs the following steps:
- Clean output directories (removes
distand removes files from
- Build distributable(s) for target platform(s)
- Compress portable distributions (requires
- Rename distributables in the format
- Move all distributables to
Place the dependencies for the target platform (e.g. for windows) in a folder as shown:
resources │ ... └ win ├ ffmpeg │ └ ffmpeg.exe └ youtube-dl └ youtube-dl.exe
Build for the target platform (
npm run build:platform
Build for all three platforms in parallel:
npm run build:all
If you would like to build for a platform without all the extra build steps (or
npm run build:platform fails), run:
./node_modules/.bin/electron-builder build --platform
More information about packaging and distribution can be found on the electron-builder docs.
This software is distributed under the MIT license.