Watch streaming media with friends.
- Supports Chromium and Firefox browsers.
- Synchronized playback of streaming media across various websites.
- Public, private, and offline sessions.
- Support for WebRTC peer-to-peer connections.
- Real-time chat with peers.
- Queue of media requested by peers in session.
- Timestamp cue points parsed from media description.
- Auto-fullscreen of embedded media players on websites.
- Per-user playback permissions, managed by the host.
- Basic host administrative functionality (kicking peers).
- Localization—see info on contributing.
- Add localization (#5)
- Improve networking reliability (#74)
- Port Metastream from Electron to a web app (#94)
- Add favorites/bookmarks (#21)
- Add playlists
- Add audio mode (#22)
Have a feature in mind? Make a request by creating a GitHub issue.
How to Contribute
Get the code
Requires Yarn for monorepo workspaces.
git clone https://github.com/samuelmaddock/metastream.git cd metastream yarn
Start the dev server
Creates a development web server accessible from http://localhost:8080
cd packages/metastream-app yarn start
Build the web app
Produces the web app build which gets deployed to https://app.getmetastream.com
cd packages/metastream-app yarn build
Legacy desktop app
Metastream used to be an Electron desktop application. The latest version can be found on the GitHub releases page. Please note that the legacy app is insecure and not recommended.