Electronapp for platforms of OS X Windows and Linux
- Realtime preview and use snabbdom as its render engine.
- Support CommonMark Spec and GitHub Flavored Markdown Spec.
- Support paragraphs and inline style shortcuts to improve your writing efficiency.
- Output HTML and PDF file.
- Dark and Light themes.
- Various edit mode: Source Code mode, Typewriter mode, Focus mode.
🌙Dark and Light themes 🔆
😸Edit modes 🐶
Why write another editor?
- I love writing. I have used a lot of markdown editors, yet there is still not an editor that can fully meet my needs. I don't like to be disturbed when I write by some unbearable bug. Mark Text uses virtual DOM to render the page, so it's high efficiency, and open source to all friends who love markdown and writing.
- As mentioned above, Mark Text will be open source forever. It is also hoped that all markdown lovers can contribute their own code, and develop Mark Text into a popular markdown editor.
- There are many markdown editors, and each editor has its own characteristics, but it is also difficult to satisfy all markdown users' needs. I hope Mark Text can satisfy markdown users' needs as much as possible. Although the latest Mark Text is still not perfect, we are trying to make it as perfect as we can.
Download and Install
Want to see new features in this version? Refer to CHANGELOG
brew cask install mark-text
macOS and Windows
Simply download and install Mark Text via setup wizard.
Please follow the Linux installation instructions.
If you wish to build Mark Text yourself, please check out our developer documentation.
When you have any questions while using Mark Text, you are welcome to write an issue, but I hope you will follow the format of issue. Of course, if you submit a PR directly, it will be appreciated.
- Alfred Workflow: A Workflow for the OS X app Alfred: Use "mt" to open files/folder with Mark Text.
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
Thank you to all the people who have already contributed to Mark Text[contributors]
Special thanks to @Yasujizr who designed the logo of Mark Text.