Simple multiplatform desktop app for storing TODOs, ideas or backlog items. You can organize them with boards as a plaintext or markdown. No dependencies, no internet connection required, no external accounts. Sleek flow.
No installation required. Just unzip archive and run executable
When new version is available just download it, unzip and enjoy. No additional action is required. All your boards and items will be available.
A lot of significant changes and improvements this time. Most of them according to your comments. Thank you and enjoy!
- feature request: changed items drag&drop behaviour (to move items user has dedicated handler on the left)
- feature request: after clicking in text item is not marked as done now (user has to use checkbox directly)
- feature request: context menu for copy/cut/paste
- feature request: action button with: move to top/bottom of the board, and "move to another boad"
- feature request: setting added: board list fixed on the top of the screen
- feature request: saving board items as a JSON file (in settings modal)
- feature request: added Markdown mode (to turn on in settings modal)
- removed support for HTML tags (it wasn't the best idea to add it). now user has plaintext/markdown mode
- added information about database location in settings modal
- changed reordering tabs feature - now it requires full app restart + added dedicated handler for drag&drop on the left
- dependency bump of electron (v2.0.2), iview, vue and others
- fix bug which causes data lost in some cases - related to settings modal
- fix bug related to freezing ui when adding first item (on some systems)
Why I've wrote it ?
When programming I often have a number of ideas related to possible improvements for the future or a cool new project. Most often, it's just one sentence or a couple of words - just a draft of an idea to expand in the future.
I know that, there are hundreds of todo list managers or other notes manager, but this one will finally perfectly fulfill my needs. So far I wrote my thoughts on sticky notes, I tried Evernote, Simplenote... They are fine, but all of them were either bloated with unnecessary features or lacked the desired "flow" - when I open a program I want type down thoughts, hit enter, and get back to my actual work. That's how I write Backlog. No dependencies, no internet connection required, no external accounts etc.
It's free and opensource application under MIT license. You can do whatever you want as long as you include the original copyright and license notice in any copy of the software/source
You can build it yourself instead of downloading executable:
# install dependencies npm install # serve with hot reload at localhost:9080 npm run dev # build electron application for production npm run build # lint all JS/Vue component files in `src/` npm run lint